The Class 3 Handicap Flat Race is the fourth race that takes place during the Evening Racing meeting at Kempton Park Racecourse every season.
The Evening Racing meeting is one of many similar events that take place at Kempton Park Racecourse every summer, offering ample opportunity for horse racing fanatics to witness live flat racing from this exceptional horse racing venue.
Usually taking place on the third Wednesday of August each year, the next edition of this particular August Evening Racing meeting is scheduled to be run on Wednesday the 18th of August 2021.
For all of The Kempton Park Racecourse Evening Racing news and ticket information, sign up for The Jockey Club’s newsletter at https://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/newsletter/.
About This Race
The Class 3 Handicap Flat Race is a Class 3 handicap flat race that serves as the fourth race of the August Evening Racing meeting at Kempton Park Racecourse every summer.
Open to horses aged three years old and above, The Class 3 Handicap Flat Race runs exactly 1 mile of Kempton Park Racecourse and usually features a moderately sized field of runners.
A share of £15,000 was to contest last time out, which was split proportionately between the first four horses to pass the final post as follows:
1st place – 8/1 Kuwait Currency (USA) – £9,338
2nd place – 16/1 Pesto (GB) – £2,796
3rd place – 5/1 Al Jellaby (GB) – £1,398
4th place – 20/1 Felix The Poet (GB) – £699
The Class 3 Handicap Flat Race will begin at 19:15 on Wednesday the 18th of August 2021.
The Class 3 Handicap Flat Race is the joint highest class race of the day, with only The Class 3 3YO Handicap Flat Race featuring the same calibre of horse with official ratings of 76-90 and 81-95.
Here are the runners, their starting prices and how they fared in this fantastic race at Kempton Park’s Evening Racing meeting at Kempton Park Racecourse last time out in 2019 (ordered by saddlecloth number):
- Family Fortunes (GB) – eighth-place finish – 25/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-11 – ridden by jockey Scott McCullagh and trained by Michael Madgwick
- Al Jellaby (GB) – third-place finish – 5/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-10 – ridden by jockey Adam Kirby and trained by Clive Cox
- Freerolling (GB) – fifth-place finish – 7/2 starting price – weighing in at 9-8 – ridden by jockey David Probert and trained by Charlie Fellowes
- Pesto (GB) – second-place finish – 16/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-7 – ridden by jockey Sean Levey and trained by Richard Hannon
- Kuwait Currency (USA) – first-place finish – 8/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-6 – ridden by jockey Pat Dobbs and trained by Richard Hannon
- Felix The Poet (GB) – fourth-place finish – 20/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-5 – ridden by jockey Hollie Doyle and trained by Anthony Watson
- Mawakib (GB) – Withdrawn – starting price N/A – weighing in at 9-5 – assigned jockey David Egan and trained by Roger Varian
- Alfurat River (GB) – tenth-place finish – 2/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-5 – ridden by jockey Oisin Murphy and trained by Saeed Bin Suroor
- Leader Writer (FR) – ninth-place finish – 8/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-4 – ridden by jockey Gerald Mosse and trained by David Elsworth
- He’s Amazing (IRE) – seventh-place finish – 14/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-3 – ridden by jockey Hector Crouch and trained by Ed Walker
- In The Red (IRE) – eleventh-place finish – 40/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-2 – ridden by jockey Eoin Walsh and trained by Martin Smith
- Harbour Spirit (FR) – sixth-place finish – 10/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-2 – ridden by jockey Shane Kelly and trained by Richard Hughes
Are you planning on betting on the races at Kempton Park Racecourse this season? Trust the advice of our professional team of Kempton Park tipsters for the greatest chance of success and to make the process run much more smoothly.
Along with these profitable suggestions, you’ll also receive access to some of the greatest promo codes available, which will provide you excellent free bets, increased odds on race favourites, paid additional places promotions, and even cashback on any losses you may incur.
The most recent edition of The Class 3 Handicap Flat Race featured odds ranging from 2/1 for the race favourite Alfurat River, who finished second from last, and 40/1 for the longest outsider In The Red.
This edition of The Class 3 Handicap Flat Race was won by 8/1 priced Kuwait Currency, who transformed, for example, all £10 outright backing stakes into £90 in returns, £80 in profits.
Here are the previous 4 winners of The Class 3 Handicap Flat Race at The Evening Racing, including their odds, closest competitors and race stats:
The mid-August Evening Racing meeting did not take place at Kempton Park Racecourse in August 2020.
2019 hosted the most recent edition of The Class 3 Handicap Flat Race at Kempton Park Racecourse, which was won by 8/1 priced Kuwait Currency, ridden by jockey Pat Dobbs and trained by Richard Hannon.
16/1 priced Pesto finished a length and a half behind Kuwait City in second place, followed by 5/1 priced Al Jellaby in third place and 20/1 priced outsider Felix The Poet in fourth.
5/2 priced race favourite Honey Man finished first in The Class 3 Handicap Flat Race at Kempton Park during the August Evening Racing meeting in 2018, ridden by jockey Silvestre De Sousa and trained by Simon and Ed Crisford.
4/1 priced third-favourite Hakeem finished just three-quarters of a length behind Honey Man in second place, followed by 25/1 priced outsider Medieval in third place and 10/1 priced Lawmaking in fourth.
Back in 2017, the winner of The Class 3 Handicap Flat Race at Kempton Park Racecourse was 16/1 priced Timeless Art, ridden by jockey Martin Harley and trained by Karl Burke.
15/2 priced Golden Wedding finished two and a half lengths behind Timeless Art in second place, followed by 6/1 priced Ahlan Bil Zain in third place and 8/1 priced The Warrior in fourth.