The Novice Median Auction Stakes Flat Race is the second race that is run at Kempton Park Racecourse every year for the August Evening Racing meeting.
The particular Evening Racing meeting in question is usually the third of the month every year at Kempton Park Racecourse, which features such delights as The Class 3 Handicap and The Novice Auction Stakes.
Kempton Park Racecourse is amongst the most prominent racecourses in the UK, thanks to their exceptional all-weather Polytrack and floodlighting facilities. Dozens of meetings take place here throughout each season – far more than the likes of Cheltenham and Aintree.
If you’ve yet to witness an Evening Racing meeting at Kempton Park, make sure to visit this year on Wednesday the 18th of August 2021. For all of The Kempton Park Racecourse Evening Racing news and ticket information, sign up for The Jockey Club’s newsletter at https://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/newsletter/.
About This Race
The Novice Median Auction Stakes Flat Race is a Class 4 flat race for novices that serves as the second race of Kempton Park’s August Evening Racing meeting every year.
Open to horses aged between and including three and five years old, The Novice Median Auction Stakes Flat Race runs 1 mile, 3 furlongs and 219 yards of Kempton Park Racecourse and usually features a moderately sized field of runners.
Last time out, the prize pool for The Novice Median Auction Stakes Flat Race was £9,000, which was distributed proportionally between the first four finishers as follows:
1st place – 4/7 Inclyne (GB) – £5,822
2nd place – 5/2 Mojave (GB) – £1,732
3rd place – 6/1 Voice Of Calm (GB) – £866
4th place – 50/1 Allocated(IRE) – £433
The Novice Median Auction Stakes Flat Race will begin at approximately 18:15 on Wednesday the 18th of August 2021.
As a Class 4 flat race, The Novice Median Auction Stakes Flat Race features horses that have official ratings of between 66-80 and 71-85, which are ridden by some of the most talented flat race jockeys in the business.
Here are the runners, their starting prices and how they fared in this fantastic race at Kempton Park’s Evening Racing meeting at Kempton Park Racecourse last time out in 2019 (ordered by saddlecloth number):
- Parisian Affair (GB) – fifth-place finish – 66/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-6 – ridden by jockey Fergus Sweeney and trained by Neil King
- Allocated (IRE) – fourth-place finish – 50/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-2 – ridden by jockey Sean Levey and trained by John Butler
- Melburnian (GB) – seventh-place finish – 33/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-2 – ridden by jockey Paddy Bradley and trained by Jane Chapple-Hyam
- Mojave (GB) – second-place finish – 5/2 starting price – weighing in at 9-2 – ridden by jockey Adam McNamara and trained by Roger Charlton
- Inclyne (GB) – first-place finish – 4/7 starting price – weighing in at 8-11 – ridden by jockey Oisin Murphy and trained by Andrew Murphy
- Miss Firecracker (IRE) – eighth-place finish – 100/1 starting price – weighing in at 8-11 – ridden by jockey Shane Kelly and trained by Dr Jon Scargill
- Sible Hedingham (GB) – sixth-place finish – 8/1 starting price – weighing in at 8-11 – ridden by jockey Hollie Doyle and trained by James Eustace
- Voice Of Calm (GB) – third-place finish – 6/1 starting price – weighing in at 8-11 – ridden by jockey Robert Havlin and trained by Henry Dunlop
- Waterfall (GB) – Withdrawn – starting price N/A – weighing in at 8-11 – assigned jockey David Egan and trained by Lucy Wadham
Thinking of placing a few bets on the action at Kempton Park Racecourse this season? Make the process smoother by trusting the tips from our expert team of Kempton Park tipsters.
Alongside these lucrative tips you’ll also get links to some of the best promo codes around which will grant you fantastic free bets, enhanced odds on race favourites, paid extra places promotions and much more.
Odds for The Novice Median Auction Stakes Flat Race last time out were between 4/7 for the race favourite Incylne and a big 100/1 for the longest outsider Miss Firecracker.
This edition of The Novice Median Auction Stakes Flat Race was won by the 4/7 race favourite Inclyne, who converted, for example, all £50 backing stakes into £78.57 in returns, £28.57 in profits.
Here are the previous 4 winners of The Novice Median Auction Stakes Flat Race at The Evening Racing, including their odds, closest competitors and race stats:
The mid-August Evening Racing meeting did not take place at Kempton Park Racecourse in August 2020.
The winner of The Novice Median Auction Stakes Flat Race at the most recent edition of the Evening Racing at Kempton Park Racecourse was 4/7 priced strong race favourite Inclyne, ridden by jockey Oisin Murphy and trained by Andrew Balding.
5/2 priced second-favourite Mojave finished three and a quarter lengths behind Inclyne in second place, followed by 6/1 priced third-favourite Voice Of Calm in third place and 50/1 priced outsider Allocated in fourth.
Mapped, the 15/8 priced race favourite, finished first in The Novice Median Auction Stakes Flat Race at Kempton Park Racecourse in August 2018, ridden by jockey Dane O’Neill and trained by Charlie Hills.
2/1 priced second-favourite White Turf finished five lengths behind Mapped in second place, followed by 5/2 priced third-favourite Haafapiece in third place and 8/1 priced Via Delle Volte in fourth.
Back in 2017 at Kempton Park Racecourse, the winner of The Novice Median Auction Stakes Flat Race during the August Evening Racing meeting was 1/1 priced race favourite Munstead Star, ridden by jockey Oisin Murphy and trained by Andrew Balding.
8/1 priced Star Guide finished three and a half lengths behind Munstead Star in second place, followed by 14/1 priced Tiar Na Nog in third place and 8/1 priced Luna Magic in fourth.