The third race that takes place at Kempton Park Racecourse for their third Evening Racing meeting of June every year is The Class 5 6F Handicap Flat Race.
Similarly to the other Evening Racing meetings that take place during the summer months at Kempton Park Racecourse, this particular Evening Racing affair offers an exquisite variety of flat races designed for different aged and rated runners.
If you’ve yet to visit Kempton Park Racecourse for any of their meetings, then make this season the year you finally make the effort, whether it’s for The Christmas Festival or any other of their many race days.
This Evening Racing session is scheduled to take place on Wednesday the 23rd of June 2021. For all of The Kempton Park Racecourse Evening Racing news and ticket information, sign up for The Jockey Club’s newsletter at https://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/newsletter/.
About The Race
The Class 5 6F Handicap Flat Race is a Class 5 handicap flat race that serves as the third race during Kempton Park’s third June Evening Racing meeting every year.
Open to horses aged four years old and above, The Class 5 6F Handicap Flat Race runs six furlongs of Kempton Park Racecourse and featured a very small field of runners last time out.
The most recent prize pool for this race was £5,400, which was split as follows between the first four race finishers:
1st place – 33/1 Avenue Of Stars (GB) – £3,493
2nd place – 11/4 Sepahi (GB) – £1,040
3rd place – 11/1 Magicinthemaking (USA) – £519
4th place – 12/1 Mr Buttons (IRE) – £260
Don’t miss the next edition of The Class 5 6F Handicap Flat Race at approximately 17:55 on Wednesday the 23rd of June 2021.
The Class 5 6F Handicap Flat Race is a thrilling short sprint that features a moderately sized field of some magnificent horses and talented jockeys.
Here are the runners, their starting prices and how they fared in this fantastic race at Kempton Park’s Evening Racing meeting at Kempton Park Racecourse last time out in 2020 (ordered by saddlecloth number):
- Storm Melody (GB) – seventh-place finish – 22/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-9 – ridden by jockey Jason Watson and trained by Ali Stronge
- Mr Buttons (IRE) – fourth-place finish – 12/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-9 – ridden by jockey Dylan Hogan and trained by Linda Stubbs
- Sepahi (GB) – second-place finish – 11/4 starting price – weighing in at 9-9 – ridden by jockey David Probert and trained by Shaun Keightley
- Big Lachie (GB) – sixth-place finish – 9/2 starting price – weighing in at 9-8 – ridden by jockey Oisin Murphy and trained by Mark Loughnane
- Followthesteps (IRE) – ninth-place finish – 4/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-7 – ridden by jockey Franny Norton and trained by Ivan Furtado
- Stallone (IRE) – Non-Runner – starting price N/A – weighing in at 9-6 – assigned jockey Tom Queally and trained by Henry Spiller
- Global Melody (GB) – eighth-place finish – 18/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-6 – ridden by jockey Grace McEntee and trained by Phil McEntee
- Magicinthemaking (USA) – third-place finish – 11/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-5 – ridden by jockey Sam Hitchcott and trained by John Long
- Englishman (GB) – fifth-place finish – 9/2 starting price – weighing in at 9-5 – ridden by jockey Joshua Bryan and trained by Milton Bradley
- Avenue Of Stars (GB) – first-place finish – 33/1 starting price – weighing in at 8-6 – ridden by jockey Luke Morris and trained by Michael Appleby
Are you considering placing a few bets on the races at the Evening Racing meeting this summer, or any other meetings this season at Kempton Park Racecourse?
Don’t bet blindly – match up your selections with our expertly crafted professional betting tips for the best chance of winning a small fortune at Kempton Park Racecourse this summer, whether you’re watching live from the venue or from afar via your favourite streaming or online betting platform.
As well as these lucrative betting tips, we’ll also have all the biggest and latest sign-up offers for betting sites, which will include all kinds of free bets, paid extra places promotions, boosted odds on race favourites and even cashback on spendings and losses.
Odds for The Class 5 6F Handicap Flat Race ranged from 11/4 for the race favourite Sepahi up to 33/1 for the longest outsider Avenue Of Stars last time out.
This edition of The Class 5 6F Handicap Flat Race was in fact won by the 33/1 outsider, who converted £10 outright backing stakes into £340 in returns, £330 in profits.
Here are the previous 4 winners of The Class 5 6F Handicap Flat Race at The Evening Racing, including their odds, closest competitors and race stats:
Last time out at Kempton Park Racecourse, the winner of The Class 5 6F Handicap Flat Race was 33/1 priced outsider Avenue Of Stars, ridden by jockey Luke Morris and trained by Michael Appleby.
11/4 priced race favourite Sepahi finished three lengths behind Avenue Of Stars in second place, followed by 11/1 priced Magicinthemaking in third place and 12/1 priced Mr Buttons in fourth.
At the Evening Racing meeting towards the end of June in 2019, The Class 5 6F Handicap Flat Race did not take place. Instead, the 6F distance race that took place as race three was The Class 4 Novice Stakes.
The Class 4 Novice Stakes was won by 12/1 priced Aussie Showstopper, ridden by jockey Shane Kelly and trained by Richard Hughes.
At Kempton Park Racecourse in June 2018, the third race that took place at the Evening Racing was The Novice Stakes, instead of The Class 5 6F Handicap Flat Race.
This race was won by 7/1 priced Typhoon Ten, ridden by jockey Rossa Ryan and trained by Richard Hannon. 4/5 priced race favourite Sporting Chance finished just a head behind Typhoon Ten in second place, followed by 10/1 priced Hard Forest in third place and 6/1 priced Artistic Rifles in fourth.
Back in 2017, it was again The Novice Stakes that took place as opposed to The Class 5 6F Handicap Flat Race, which was won by 11/2 priced Encrypted, ridden by jockey Josephine Gordon and trained by Hugo Palmer.
9/2 priced Cosmopolitan Queen finished two and a quarter lengths behind Encrypted in second place, followed by 25/1 priced outsider Shania Says in third place and 9/1 priced Rebel Streak in fourth.