The seventh race that takes place at Kempton Park Racecourse for their Evening Racing meeting every summer is The Class 4 1 Mile Handicap Flat Race.
Positioned just outside the borders of Greater London on the outskirts of Surrey in Kempton, Kempton Park Racecourse is one of the most prestigious racecourses in the United Kingdom. Thanks to their fantastic Polytrack and floodlighting facilities, this exceptional venue can host races all year round, whatever the time, whatever the weather.
The next edition of this particular Evening Racing meeting will take place on Wednesday the 30th of June 2021. For all of The Kempton Park Racecourse Evening Racing news and ticket information, sign up for The Jockey Club’s newsletter at https://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/newsletter/.
About The Race
The Class 4 1 Mile Handicap Flat Race is a Class 4 handicap flat race that serves as the seventh race of Kempton Park Racecourse’s Evening Racing every year.
Horses aged four years old and above can participate in The Class 4 1 Mile Handicap Flat Race, which runs exactly 1 mile of Kempton Park Racecourse and usually features a medium to large-sized field of runners.
Last year’s competitors fought for a share of a £7,250 prize pool, which was split accordingly between the first four race finishers:
1st place – 6/1 River Dawn (GB) – £4,690
2nd place – 10/3 Merchant Of Venice (GB) – £1,396
3rd place – 5/2 Jack D’Or (GB) – £697
4th place – 16/1 Givinitsum (SAF) – £349
The next edition of The Class 4 1 Mile Handicap Flat Race will commence at approximately 19:45 on Wednesday the 30th of June 2021.
The Class 4 1 Mile Handicap Flat Race is always an exciting race, featuring a decent sized field of runners over a fairly short race distance.
Here are the runners, their starting prices and how they fared in this fantastic race at Kempton Park’s Evening Racing meeting at Kempton Park Racecourse last time out in 2020 (ordered by saddlecloth number):
- Borderforce (FR) – eleventh-place finish – 50/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-9 – ridden by jockey Cieren Fallon and trained by George Baker
- George Of Hearts (FR) – Non-Runner – starting price N/A – weighing in at 9-8 – not assigned a jockey – trained by George Baker
- Kings Highway (IRE) – twelfth-place finish – 22/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-7 – ridden by jockey Sean Levey and trained by Ivan Furtado
- Dargel (IRE) – tenth-place finish – 9/2 starting price – weighing in at 9-5 – ridden by jockey Adam Kirby and trained by Clive Cox
- Merchant Of Venice (GB) – second-place finish – 10/3 starting price – weighing in at 9-5 – ridden by jockey Tom Marquand and trained by James Fanshawe
- Image Of The Moon (GB) – sixth-place finish – 25/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-4 – ridden by jockey Josephine Gordon and trained by Shaun Keightley
- Fast Dancer (IRE) – eighth-place finish – 125/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-4 – ridden by jockey George Downing and trained by Joseph Tuite
- Secret Return (IRE) – seventh-place finish – 33/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-4 – ridden by jockey William Carson and trained by Robyn Brisland
- Leader Writer (FR) – ninth-place finish – 10/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-4 – ridden by jockey Hollie Doyle and trained by James Ferguson
- Gossiping (GB) – fifth-place finish – 14/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-4 – ridden by jockey Shane Kelly and trained by Gary Moore
- River Dawn (GB) – first-place finish – 6/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-3 – ridden by jockey David Probert and trained by Paul Cole
- Givinitsum (SAF) – fourth-place finish – 16/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-2 – ridden by jockey Georgia Dobie and trained by Eve Johnson Houghton
- Jack D’Or (GB) – third-place finish – 5/2 starting price – weighing in at 9-1 – ridden by jockey Oisin Murphy and trained by Ed Walker
Are you planning on betting on any of the races held at Kempton Park Racecourse this year? If that’s the case, you’ve come to the perfect spot, as our team of expert horse racing tipsters provides the most accurate horse racing predictions available anywhere online.
We also offer codes for free bets, paid extra places promotions, enhanced odds on race favourites, and even cashback on any losses you may have experienced, in addition to this lucrative betting information.
Last time out, odds for The Class 4 1 Mile Handicap Flat Race ranged from 5/2 for the race favourite Jack D’Or up to 125/1 for the longest outsider Fast Dancer.
This edition of the race was won by 6/1 priced River Dawn, who transformed £10 outright backing stakes into £70 in returns, £60 in profits.
Here are the previous 4 winners of The Class 4 1 Mile Handicap Flat Race at The Evening Racing, including their odds, closest competitors and race stats:
At Kempton Park Racecourse last summer, the winner of The Class 4 1 Mile Handicap Flat Race was 6/1 priced River Dawn, ridden by jockey David Probert and trained by Paul Cole.
10/3 priced second-favourite Merchant Of Venice finished four and a quarter lengths behind River Dawn in second place, followed by 5/2 priced race favourite Jack D’Or in third place and 16/1 priced Givinitsum in fourth.
Ridden by jockey Shane Kelly and trained by Richard Hughes, the winner of The Class 4 1 Mile Handicap Flat Race at Kempton Park’s Evening Racing in 2019 was 10/1 priced Harbour Spirit.
7/1 priced Tamerlane finished two and three-quarter lengths behind Harbour Spirit in second place, followed by 7/2 priced joint race favourite Directory in third place and 5/1 priced Mazyoun in fourth.
At Kempton Park’s Evening Racing in 2018, The Class 4 1 Mile Handicap Flat Race was split into two seperate divisions. The Division 1 edition of the race was won by 11/2 priced Epic Challenge and the Division 2 edition of the race was won by 7/2 priced Faadhel.
Mr Minerals, the 2/1 priced race favourite, finished first in The Class 4 1 Mile Handicap Flat Race at Kempton Park Racecourse in 2017, ridden by jockey Shane Kelly and trained by Richard Hughes.
8/1 priced Glorious Poet finished four and a half lengths behind Mr Minerals in second place, followed by 5/2 priced second-favourite Hersigh in third place and 16/1 priced Braztime in fourth.