The fourth race that takes place at Kempton Park Racecourse’s Evening Racing meeting every summer is The Novice Stakes (Div 1) Flat Race.
Throughout the summer, Kempton Park Racecourse in Surrey holds a number of Evening Racing meetings, which include an exciting range of various class and age category races.
On Wednesday the 30th of June 2021, Kempton Park Racecourse will host the next edition of this particular Evening Racing meeting. For all of The Kempton Park Racecourse Evening Racing news and ticket information, sign up for The Jockey Club’s newsletter at https://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/newsletter/.
About The Race
The Novice Stakes (Div 1) Flat Race is a Class 5 flat race for novices that serves as the fourth race of Kempton Park’s Evening Racing every June/July.
Open to novice horses over the age of three years old, The Novice Stakes (Div 1) Flat Race runs 1 mile, 3 furlongs and 219 yards of Kempton Park Racecourse and is followed by the Division 2 edition of the same race.
A share of £5,400 was to contest last summer, which was divided between the winning and placing runners as follows:
1st place – 5/4 Inherent (GB) – £3,493
2nd place – 7/2 Media Storm (GB) – £1,040
3rd place – 18/1 Make Haste Slowly (GB) – £519
4th place – 14/1 Carausius (GB) – £260
The next edition of The Novice Stakes (Div 1) Flat Race will start at approximately 18:10 on Wednesday the 30th of June 2021.
The runners in The Novice Stakes (Div 1) Flat Race at Kempton Park Racecourse may be novices, but they’ve been trained by some of the best racehorse trainers in the industry who will be sure to teach them everything they need to know to become some of the best in the business.
Here are the runners, their starting prices and how they fared in this fantastic race at Kempton Park’s Evening Racing meeting at Kempton Park Racecourse last time out in 2020 (ordered by saddlecloth number):
- Hey Gracie (GB) – seventh-place finish – 10/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-12 – ridden by jockey Harry Bentley and trained by Ralph Beckett
- Make Haste Slowly (GB) – third-place finish – 18/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-12 – ridden by jockey Joey Haynes and trained by David Elsworth
- Merry Yarn (IRE) – eighth-place finish – 28/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-12 – ridden by jockey Martin Harley and trained by Alan King
- Red Centre (USA) – fifth-place finish – 4/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-12 – ridden by jockey James Doyle and trained by John and Thady Gosden
- Media Storm (GB) – second-place finish – 7/2 starting price – weighing in at 9-7 – ridden by jockey Andrea Atzeni and trained by David Simcock
- Badreputation (GB) – ninth-place finish – 125/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-0 – ridden by jockey Jimmy Quinn and trained by Marco Botti
- Carausius (GB) – fourth-place finish – 14/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-0 – ridden by jockey Kieran Shoemark and trained by Charles Hills
- Inherent (GB) – first-place finish – 5/4 starting price – weighing in at 9-0 – ridden by jockey Ryan Moore and trained by Sir Michael Stoute
- Scarborough Castle (GB) – tenth-place finish – 66/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-0 – ridden by jockey Stevie Donohoe and trained by Ed Vaughan
- Siempre Rapido (GB) – sixth-place finish – 33/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-0 – ridden by jockey Liam Keniry and trained by Stuart Kittow
- Tindrum (GB) – Withdrawn – starting price N/A – weighing in at 9-0 – assigned jockey Cieren Fallon and trained by Heather Main
We have a collection of all the best horse racing tips from our team of intelligent, knowledgeable Kempton Park tipsters here at kempton.co.uk, as well as lists of the biggest and most recent promo codes for free bets, boosted odds on race favourites, paid extra places promotions, and much more.
Odds for The Novice Stakes (Div 1) Flat Race ranged from 5/4 for the race favourite Inherent up to 125/1 for the longest outsider Badreputation last time out.
It was in fact the 5/4 race favourite that finished first in the 2020 edition of The Novice Stakes (Div 1) Flat Race, converting £25 outright backing stakes into £56.25 in returns, £31.25 in profits.
Here are the previous 4 winners of The Novice Stakes (Div 1) Flat Race at The Evening Racing, including their odds, closest competitors and race stats:
Ridden by jockey Ryan Moore and trained by Sir Michael Stoute, 5/4 priced race favourite Inherent finished first in The Novice Stakes (Div 1) Flat Race at Kempton Park Racecourse last time out.
7/2 priced second-favourite Media Storm finished just a short head behind Inherent in second place, followed by 18/1 priced outsider Make Haste Slowly in third place and 14/1 priced Carausius in fourth.
The Novice Stakes (Div 1) Flat Race did not take place during the Evening Racing at Kempton Park Racecourse in 2019. Instead, the fourth race of the day was the Class 3 Handicap, which was won by 5/1 priced Deja.
1/1 priced race favourite Buzz won Race 4, The Class 3 Handicap Flat Race, at Kempton Park Racecourse in 2018, ridden by jockey Liam Keniry and trained by Hughie Morrison.
8/1 priced Al Hamdany finished a length and three-quarters behind Buzz in second place, followed by 25/1 priced outsider Noble Gift in third place and 15/8 priced second-favourite Native Fighter in fourth.
Back in 2017 at Kempton Park’s Evening Racing, Race 4, The Class 3 Handicap Flat race, was won by 10/11 priced race favourite Gibbs Hill, ridden by jockey Ryan Moore and trained by Roger Varian.
9/4 priced second-favourite Zubayr finished seven lengths behind Gibbs Hill in second place, followed by 25/1 priced outsider Top Beak in third place and equally priced Sunblazer in fourth.