The Novice Stakes (Div 2) Flat Race is the fourth race that takes place at the Evening Racing meeting at Kempton Park racecourse every year.
Kempton Park Racecourse, based in Surrey just outside the border of Greater London, hosts a vast number of race days throughout the year, which can go ahead whatever the weather courtesy of their all-weather Polytrack and floodlighting facilities.
On Wednesday the 30th of June, this particular Evening Racing event will take place, offering a thrilling racecard with a fascinating mixture of category flat races.
For all of The Kempton Park Racecourse Evening Racing news and ticket information, sign up for The Jockey Club’s newsletter at https://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/newsletter/.
About The Race
The Novice Stakes (Div 2) Flat Race is a Class 5 flat race for novices that serves as the fifth race of Kempton Park’s end of June/early July Evening Racing meeting every summer.
Open to horses aged three years old and above, The Novice Stakes (Div 2) Flat Race runs 1 mile, 3 furlongs and 219 yards of Kempton Park Racecourse and follows immediately after the Division 1 edition of the race.
The Novice Stakes (Div 2) Flat Race had a prize pool worth £5,400 last time out, which was split between the first four finishers as follows:
1st place – 6/1 Jazz Party (GB) – £3,493
2nd place – 22/1 Cozone (GB) – £1,040
3rd place – 7/1 Strawberry Rock (IRE) – £519
4th place – 6/4 Coltrane (IRE) – £260
The Novice Stakes (Div 2) Flat Race will follow the Division 1 edition of The Novices’ Stakes, commencing at around 18:45.
It’s time for the Division 2 edition of The Novice Stakes, and those taking part will be hoping to prove what they’re capable of in comparison to those that ran in the Division 1 Novice Stakes.
Here are the runners, their starting prices and how they fared in this fantastic race at Kempton Park’s Evening Racing meeting at Kempton Park Racecourse last time out in 2020 (ordered by saddlecloth number):
- Et Moi Alors (FR) – seventh-place finish – 50/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-12 – ridden by jockey Hector Crouch and trained by Gary Moore
- Stellarista (IRE) – ninth-place finish – 150/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-7 – ridden by jockey Joshua Thorman and trained by Ian Williams
- The Glancing Queen (IRE) – fifth-place finish – 13/2 starting price – weighing in at 9-7 – ridden by jockey Martin Harley and trained by Alan King
- Vintage Rascal (FR) – sixth-place finish – 10/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-7 – ridden by jockey Tom Marquand and trained by Tom Ward
- Strawberry Rock (IRE) – third-place finish – 7/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-5 – ridden by jockey William Buick and trained by Hugo Palmer
- Coltrane (IRE) – fourth-place finish – 6/4 starting price – weighing in at 9-0 – ridden by jockey Oisin Murphy and trained by Andrew Balding
- Cozone (GB) – second-place finish – 22/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-0 – ridden by jockey Kieran Shoemark and trained by Amanda Perrett
- Haikal (GB) – eighth-place finish – 9/2 starting price – weighing in at 9-0 – ridden by jockey Jim Crowley and trained by Owen Burrows
- Jazz Party (GB) – first-place finish – 6/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-0 – ridden by jockey David Probert and trained by Paul Cole
- Theocrat (IRE) – Non-Runner – starting price N/A – weighing in at 9-0 – ridden by jockey Rossa Ryan and trained by Nigel Hawke
Races like The Novice Stakes (Div 2) Flat Race at Kempton Park Racecourse can be just as lucrative as their more prestigious races like The King George VI Chase and The Desert Orchard Chase that take place during The Christmas Festival.
If you’re not sure who to bet on at the next Evening Racing meeting, or any other race day hosted by Kempton Park Racecourse, simply consult our tipster team’s excellent horse racing betting tips for the best chance of making some money this season.
Odds for The Novice Stakes (Div 2) Flat Race last summer ranged from 6/4 for the race favourite Coltrane up to 150/1 for the longest outsider Stellarista.
This edition of The Novice Stakes (Div 2) Flat Race was won by 6/1 priced Jazz Party, who converted, for example, all £10 outright backing stakes into £70 in returns, £60 in profits.
Here are the previous 4 winners of The Novice Stakes (Div 2) Flat Race at The Evening Racing, including their odds, closest competitors and race stats:
Last summer, the winner of The Novice Stakes (Div 2) Flat Race at Kempton park’s Evening Racing was won by 6/1 priced third-favourite Jazz Party, ridden by jockey David Probert and trained by Paul Cole.
22/1 priced outsider Cozone finished just three-quarters of a length behind Jazz Party in second place, followed by 7/1 priced Strawberry Rock in third place and 6/4 priced race favourite Coltrane in fourth.
At Kempton Park Racecourse in 2019, The Novice Stakes (Div 2) Flat Race did not take place during the Evening Racing meeting. Instead, The Class 3 Handicap Flat Race took place, which was won by 28/1 priced outsider Artarmon, ridden by jockey Stevie Donohoe and trained by Michael Bell.
14/1 priced Al Kout finished three lengths behind Artarmon in second place, followed by 8/1 priced Master Archer in third place and 7/2 priced second-favourite Sassie in fourth.
33/1 priced outsider Age Of Wisdom finished first in The Novice Stakes (Div 2) Flat Race at Kempton Park Racecourse in 2018, ridden by jockey David Probert and trained by Gary Moore.
9/2 priced third-favourite Percy’s Word finished just a neck behind Age Of Wisdom in second place, followed by 25/1 priced outsider Arab Moon in third place and 13/2 priced Just In Time in fourth.
The Novice Stakes (Div 2) Flat Race was won by 5/4 priced Clowance One at Kempton Park’s Evening Racing meeting in 2017, ridden by jockey Kieran Shoemark and trained by Roger Charlton.
9/4 priced second-favourite King Calypso finished two lengths behind Clowance One in second place, followed by 40/1 priced outsider Age Of Wisdom in third place and 10/1 priced Grumeti in fourth.