The fifth race that takes place at Kempton Park Racecourse for their first of three August Evening Racing meetings each year is The Class 4 Handicap Flat Race.
Offering a thrilling seven-race card, the August Evening Racing meeting usually takes place on the first or second Wednesday of August every year, depending on the surrounding Evening and Afternoon Racing dates at the venue.
Kempton Park Racecourse, based on the outskirts of Surrey near the border of Greater London, is the beautiful host of this occasion. Owing to the venue’s first-rate all-weather Polytrack and floodlighting facilities, race days can take place here most months of the year, making it one of the most prominent horse racecourses in the UK.
The next August Evening Racing meeting will feature The Class 4 Handicap Flat Race on Wednesday the 4th of August 2021. For all of The Kempton Park Racecourse Evening Racing news and ticket information, sign up for The Jockey Club’s newsletter at https://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/newsletter/.
About The Race
The Class 4 Handicap Flat Race is a Class 4 handicap flat race that serves as the fifth race of the August Evening Racing meeting at Kempton Park Racecourse every summer.
Open to horses aged four years old and above, The Class 4 Handicap Flat Race is the joint second-longest race of the August Afternoon Racing meeting, running 1 mile, 3 furlongs and 219 yards of Kempton Park Racecourse.
Last time out, the prize pool for The Class 4 Handicap Flat Race was £11,200, which was divided between the first four race finishers as follows:
1st place – 13/2 Garbanzo (IRE) – £6,469
2nd place – 11/8 The Pinto Kid (FR) – £1,925
3rd place – 20/1 Brittanic (IRE) – £962
4th place – 12/1 Noble Gift (GB) – £481
The Class 4 Handicap Flat Race will begin at around 19:30 on Wednesday the 4th of August 2021.
The Class 4 Handicap Flat Race is a thrilling flat race that features incredible horses rated between 66-80 and 71-85, trained by some of the most experience racehorse trainers in the industry.
Here are the runners, their starting prices and how they fared in this fantastic race at Kempton Park’s Evening Racing meeting at Kempton Park Racecourse last time out in 2019 (ordered by saddlecloth number):
- Hareeq (GB) – ninth-place finish – 8/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-9 – ridden by jockey Shane Kelly and trained by Richard Hughes
- Frontispiece (GB) – eighth-place finish – 5/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-7 – ridden by jockey Kieran Shoemark and trained by Amanda Perrett
- Garbanzo (IRE) – first-place finish – 13/2 starting price – weighing in at 9-6 – ridden by jockey Liam Keniry and trained by Ed Walker
- The Pinto Kid (FR) – second-place finish – 11/8 starting price – weighing in at 9-3 – ridden by jockey George Wood and trained by James Fanshawe
- Noble Gift (GB) – fourth-place finish – 12/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-2 – ridden by jockey Kieren Fox and trained by William Knight
- Torcello (IRE) – seventh-place finish – 100/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-0 – ridden by jockey Elisha Whittington and trained by Shaun Lycett
- Running Cloud (IRE) – fifth-place finish – 7/1 starting price – weighing in at 8-13 – ridden by jockey Tom Marquand and trained by Alan King
- Lost History (IRE) – sixth-place finish – 20/1 starting price – weighing in at 8-9 – ridden by jockey Jack Mitchell and trained by John Spearing
- Brittanic (IRE) – third-place finish – 20/1 starting price – weighing in at 8-5 – ridden by jockey Hollie Doyle and trained by David Simcock
For the best tips for races like The Class 4 Handicap Flat Race or The King George VI Chase at Kempton Park Racecourse, you’ve come to the right place.
We have diligently researched, intelligent betting tips, as well as the latest promos for the top betting sites that include free bets and much much more.
The Class 4 Handicap Flat Race featured odds ranging from 11/8 for the race favourite The Pinto Kid up to a mighty 100/1 for the longest outsider Torcello last time out.
However, this edition of The Class 4 Handicap Flat Race was won by 13/2 priced third-favourite Garbanzo, who transformed, for example, all £10 outright backing stakes into £75 in returns, £65 in profits.
Here are the previous 4 winners of The Class 4 Handicap Flat Race at The Evening Racing, including their odds, closest competitors and race stats:
This particular August Evening Racing meeting did not take place at Kempton Park Racecourse in 2020 due to a compact racing calendar at the venue combined with the global pandemic.
The champion of the most recent edition of The Class 4 Handicap Flat Race at Kempton Park Racecourse during the August Evening Racing was 13/2 priced third-favourite garbanzo, ridden by jockey Liam Keniry and trained by Ed Walker.
11/8 priced race favourite The Pinto Kid finished just a neck behind Garbanzo in second place, followed by 20/1 priced outsider Brittanic in third place and 12/1 priced Noble Gift in fourth.
Ridden by jockey James Doyle and trained by Roger Charlton, 15/8 priced race favourite Magellan finished first in The Class 4 Handicap Flat Race at Kempton Park Racecourse in August 2018.
3/1 priced second-favourite Atticus Boy finished a length and a quarter behind Magellan in second place, followed by 7/1 priced Native Fighter in third place and 12/1 priced Zzoro in fourth.
Arab Moon, the 2/1 priced race favourite, finished first in The Class 4 Handicap Flat Race at Kempton Park’s August Evening Racing meeting in 2017, ridden by jockey Silvestre De Sousa and trained by William Knight.
8/1 priced Whinging Willie finished two and a half lengths behind Arab Moon in second place, followed by 14/1 priced Artful Rogue in third place and 7/2 priced second-favourite Banish in fourth.