The Class 5 1m 3f 219y Handicap Flat Race is the sixth race that takes place at Kempton Park Racecourse on their second Racing Evening meeting of June every year.
Kempton Park Racecourse’s all-weather Polytrack and floodlighting facilities give some of the most profitable possibilities to earn money betting on high-octane, dramatic flat racing throughout the year.
Kempton Park, along with Epsom Downs, Aintree, and Cheltenham, is one of the most prestigious racecourses in the UK, located just within Surrey but near to Greater London’s border. On the 9th of June this year, it’ll be the place to be for Kempton’s mid-June Evening Racing event.
For all of The Kempton Park Racecourse Evening Racing news and ticket information, sign up for The Jockey Club’s newsletter at https://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/newsletter/.
About The Race
The Class 5 1m 3f 219y Handicap Flat Race is a Class 5 handicap flat race that serves as the sixth race of Kempton Park Racecourse’s mid-June Evening Racing event every June.
Open to horses aged four years old and up, The Class 5 1m 3f 219y Handicap Flat Race runs 1 mile, 3 furlongs and 219 yards of Kempton Park Racecourse and is the longest distance race of the Evening Racing meeting.
At the last running of this race in 2020, a prize pool worth £5,400 was on offer, which was shared accordingly between the winning and placing contenders:
1st place – 22/1 Shifting Gold (IRE) – £3,493
2nd place – 6/1 Sandy Steve (GB) – £1,040
3rd place – 15/8 Beat The Judge (IRE) – £519
4th place – 15/2 Glendun (USA) – £260
The next edition of The Class 5 1m 3f 219y Handicap Flat Race will commence at approximately 19:30 on Wednesday the 9th of June 2021.
It’s the longest race of the day and only the runners that have the highest levels of endurance can see this race through, so expect a high-octane, energised performance from these magnificent creatures.
Here are the runners, their starting prices and how they fared in this fantastic race at Kempton Park’s Evening Racing meeting at Kempton Park Racecourse last time out in 2020 (ordered by saddlecloth number):
- Beat The Judge (IRE) – third-place finish – 15/8 starting price – weighing in at 9-4 – ridden by jockey Harry Bentley and trained by Gary Moore
- Building Bridges (GB) – eleventh-place finish – 25/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-4 – ridden by jockey Adam Kirby and trained by Stuart Edmunds
- Foresee (GER) – fifth-place finish – 9/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-4 – ridden by jockey Tom Marquand and trained by A W Carroll
- Repetitio (IRE) – ninth-place finish – 16/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-4 – ridden by jockey Kieran O’Neill and trained by Nigel Hawke
- War Brigade (FR) – eighth-place finish – 22/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-4 – ridden by jockey Jim Crowley and trained by Ian Williams
- Maria Magdalena (IRE) – seventh-place finish – 40/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-4 – ridden by jockey Martin Harley and trained by Alex Hales
- Crimson King (IRE) – sixth-place finish – 11/2 starting price – weighing in at 9-3 – ridden by jockey Cieren Fallon and trained by Michael Appleby
- Master Of The Moon (GB) – twelfth-place finish – 16/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-3 – ridden by jockey Sean Levey and trained by Ismael Mohammed
- Sandy Steve (GB) – second-place finish – 6/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-3 – ridden by jockey Oisin Murphy and trained by Stuart Williams
- Shifting Gold (IRE) – first-place finish – 22/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-2 – ridden by jockey Tom Queally and trained by William Knight
- Remember The Days (IRE) – tenth-place finish – 25/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-2 – ridden by jockey Hollie Doyle and trained by Jedd O’Keeffe
- Glendun (USA) – fourth-place finish – 15/2 starting price – weighing in at 9-2 – ridden by jockey Shane Kelly and trained by James Eustace
Throughout the year, every year, stay tuned for all the best horse racing tips for fixtures like The Class 5 1m 3f 219y Handicap Flat Race and The King George VI Chase at Kempton Park Racecourse.
Our army of experienced professional horse racing tipsters compile the finest suggestions for Kempton Park races by following the form of the potential runners and factoring in a wide range of variables to determine the most likely outcomes.
In addition to the best Kempton Park horse racing tips around, we also have links to the best offers and promotions from the top betting sites and bookmakers, including free bets, paid extra places, enhanced odds on the race favourites, cashback on spendings and much more.
At Kempton Park Racecourse last June, odds in The Class 5 1m 3f 219y Handicap Flat Race ranged from 15/8 for the race favourite Beat The Judge up to 40/1 for the longest outsider Maria Magdalena.
The 2020 edition of The Class 5 1m 3f 219y Handicap Flat Race last summer was won by 22/1 priced outsider Shifting Gold, who converted £10 outright backing stakes into £230 in returns, £220 in profits.
Here are the previous 4 winners of The Class 5 1m 3f 219y Handicap Flat Race at The Evening Racing, including their odds, closest competitors and race stats:
Last summer, the winner of The Class 5 1m 3f 219y Handicap Flat Race at Kempton Park Racecourses second June Evening Racing meeting was 22/1 priced outsider Shifting Gold, ridden by jockey Tom Queally and trained by William Knight.
6/1 priced Sandy Steve finished just three-quarters of a length behind Shifting Gold in second place, followed by 15/8 priced race favourite Beat The Judge in third place and 15/2 priced Glendun in fourth.
The 2019 edition of The Racing Evening meeting was abandoned due to a major water burst at Kempton Park Racecourse.
The Class 5 1m 3f 219y Handicap Flat Race did not take place at Kempton Park Racecourse on their mid-June Racing Evening in 2018, instead, the sixth race of the day was The Class 4 Handicap Flat Race for horses aged four years old and above which was won by 5/1 priced Treacherous.
25/1 priced outsider Nezar finished just a neck behind Treacherous in second place, followed by 16/1 priced Six Strings in third place and 12/1 priced Dark Side Dream in fourth.
Ridden by jockey Kieran Shoemark and trained by Roger Charlton, 9/2 priced race second-favourite Petitioner finished first in The Class 5 1m 3f 219y Handicap Flat Race at Kempton Park Racecourse.
8/1 priced Quaviy Cash finished just a head behind Petitioner in second place, followed by 10/1 priced Marine One in third place and equally priced Cape Coast in fourth.