The Class 5 6f Handicap Flat Race is the eighth race that is run at Kempton Park for their mid-June Evening Racing meeting every year.
The meeting itself offers a comprehensive fixture list that includes a multitude of race classes and distances on its nine-race card, all taking place at a stunning Surrey location on the border of Greater London.
There are many meetings that take place at Kempton Park Racecourse throughout the year, whether it’s National Hunt jump racing on the triangular-shaped turf track or flat racing on the all-weather Polytrack, or whether it’s afternoon racing in the sunlight or evening racing under the floodlights, there’s plenty to watch and wager on.
Kempton Park’s next mid-June Evening Racing meeting is scheduled to take place on Wednesday the 9th of June 2021. For all of The Kempton Park Racecourse Evening Racing news and ticket information, sign up for The Jockey Club’s newsletter at https://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/newsletter/.
About The Race
The Class 5 6f Handicap Flat Race is a Class 5 handicap flat race that serves as the penultimate race of Kempton Park’s mid-June Evening Racing meeting every year.
Exclusively open to horses aged just three years old, The Class 5 6f Handicap Flat Race runs 6 furlongs of Kempton Park Racecourse and often features a small to medium-sized field of runners.
£5,400 was added to the race purse for The Class 5 6f Handicap Flat Race last June, which was split between the first four finishers as follows:
1st place – 9/2 Human Nature (IRE) – £3,493
2nd place – 16/1 Nezar (IRE) – £1,040
3rd place – 2/1 May Remain (GB) – £519
4th place – 9/2 Private Matter (GB) – 260
Don’t miss the next edition of The Class 5 6f Handicap Flat Race this June, which is scheduled to begin at around 20:30 on Wednesday the 9th.
Within the moderately-sized field of runners that participate in The Class 5 6f Handicap Flat Race at Kempton Park, you’re guaranteed to recognise a few names, whether it’s the gifted horses or the elite flat racing jockeys.
Here are the runners, their starting prices and how they fared in this fantastic race at Kempton Park’s Evening Racing meeting at Kempton Park Racecourse last time out in 2020 (ordered by saddlecloth number):
- May Remain (GB) – third-place finish – 2/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-7 – ridden by jockey Cieren Fallon and trained by George Baker
- Private Matter (GB) – fourth-place finish – 9/2 starting price – weighing in at 9-7 – ridden by jockey Tom Marquand and trained by Amy Murphy
- Pedestal (IRE) – tenth-place finish – 14/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-7 – ridden by jockey Hollie Doyle and trained by David Flood
- Nezar (IRE) – second-place finish – 16/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-6 – ridden by jockey George Downing and trained by Dean Ivory
- Inaam (IRE) – fifth-place finish – 11/2 starting price – weighing in at 9-6 – ridden by jockey Adam Kirby and trained by John Butler
- Three Little Birds (GB) – seventh-place finish – 10/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-6 – ridden by jockey Nicola Currie and trained by Sylvester Kirk
- Human Nature (IRE) – first-place finish – 9/2 starting price – weighing in at 9-6 – ridden by jockey Oisin Murphy and trained by Stuart Williams
- Inexes (GB) – fifth-place finish – 14/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-6 – ridden by jockey Sean Levey and trained by Ivan Furtado
- Imhotep (GB) – eighth-place finish – 80/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-3 – ridden by jockey Joshua Bryan and trained by Milton Bradley
- Di Matteo (GB) – ninth-place finish – 66/1 starting price – weighing in at 8-8 – ridden by jockey Joey Haynes and trained by Lee Carter
Our team of professional Kempton Park horse racing tipsters can give you the absolute best chance of making some money on the races this season, whether your wagering on any of the Evening Racing meetings or the prestigious Christmas Festival.
Alongside our diligently researched, knowledgeable betting tips, we also present a plethora of promo code links for the best sign up offers at the biggest betting sites. These offers can include free bets, cashback on spendings, boosted odds on race favourites and paid extra places promotions.
At the most recent edition of The Class 5 6f Handicap Flat Race, odds ranged from 2/1 for the race favourite May Remain up to 80/1 for the longest outsider Imhotep.
The 2020 edition of the race was won by 9/2 priced Human Nature, who turned £10 outright backing stakes into £55 in returns, £45 in profits.
Here are the previous 4 winners of The Class 5 6f Handicap Flat Race at The Evening Racing, including their odds, closest competitors and race stats:
The winner of The Class 5 6f Handicap Flat Race last time out at Kempton Park Racecourse for their third Evening Racing of June was 9/2 priced joint second-favourite Human Nature, ridden by jockey Oisin Murphy and trained by Stuart Williams.
16/1 priced Nezar finished two and a quarter lengths behind Human Nature in second place, followed by 2/1 priced race favourite May Remain in third place and 9/2 priced joint second-favourite Private Matter in fourth.
The 2019 edition of The Racing Evening meeting was abandoned due to a major water burst at Kempton Park Racecourse.
The Class 5 6f Handicap Flat Race that took place during the Evening Racing in June 2018 was exclusively open to three-year-old horses and was won by 13/8 priced race favourite Airshow, ridden by jockey Charles Bishop and trained by Rod Millman.
9/2 priced Capla Demon finished four and a half lengths behind Airshow in second place, followed by 14/1 priced Vegas Boy in third place and 16/1 priced Sweet And Dandy in fourth.
At Kempton Park Racecourse in 2017, the winner of The Class 5 6f Handicap Flat Race was 11/8 priced Sparkalot, ridden by jockey Jim Crowley and trained by Simon Dow.
33/1 priced outsider Cajmere finished a length and three-quarters behind Sparkalot in second place, followed by 11/2 priced Dimitre in third place and 20/1 priced outsider Who Told Jo Jo in fourth.