The Class 4 Handicap Flat Race is the third race that is run at Kempton Park Racecourse for their second Evening Racing meeting of June every year.
This incredible race day that takes place on a Wednesday evening in mid-June every year offers a vast array of race classes and race distances to create a spectacular event that presents an excellent opportunity to make some money wagering on some high-quality flat horse racing.
It’s one of a handful of Evening Racing meetings that Kempton Park Racecourse offers, so if you can’t make it to this one on the 9th of June 2021 then there’s plenty more to come throughout the summer months.
For all of The Kempton Park Racecourse Evening Racing news and ticket information, sign up for The Jockey Club’s newsletter at https://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/newsletter/.
About The Race
The Class 4 Handicap Flat Race is a Class 4 handicap flat race that serves as the third race of the second Evening Racing of June at Kempton Park Racecourse every year.
Open to horses aged four years old and above, The Class 4 Handicap Flat Race runs 7 furlongs of Kempton Park Racecourse and usually features a slightly smaller field of runners than most other races on the day.
£7,250 was to fight for last summer, which was shared as follows between the first four runners that crossed the finish line:
1st place – 3/1 Tintoretto (IRE) – £4,690
2nd place – 28/1 May Sonic (GB) – £1,396
3rd place – 16/5 Baby Steps (GB) – £697
4th place – 14/1 Swift Approval (IRE) – £349
The next edition of The Class 4 Handicap Flat Race will begin at around 18:00 on Wednesday the 9th of June 2021.
The runners that thunder around Kempton Park Racecourse for The Class 4 Handicap Flat Race are some of the best horses over a seven-furlong race distance, ridden by some of the most talented jockeys in the game.
Here are the runners, their starting prices and how they fared in this fantastic race at Kempton Park’s Evening Racing meeting at Kempton Park Racecourse last time out in 2020 (ordered by saddlecloth number):
- Tintoretto (IRE) – first-place finish – 3/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-7 – ridden by jockey Tom Marquand and trained by Tom Ward
- Baby Steps (GB) – third-place finish – 16/5 starting price – weighing in at 9-6 – ridden by jockey Martin Harley and trained by David Loughnane
- Gambon (GER) – sixth-place finish – 25/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-6 – ridden by jockey Charles Bishop and trained by Eve Johnson Houghton
- Soar Above (GB) – fifth-place finish – 12/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-6 – ridden by jockey Tom Queally and trained by John Butler
- Rectory Road (GB) – ninth-place finish – 50/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-6 – ridden by jockey Kieran O’Neill and trained by Ronald Harris
- Robero (GB) – Non-Runner – starting price N/A – weighing in at 9-5 – not assigned a jockey – trained by Miss Gay Kelleway
- Handytalk (IRE) – eighth-place finish – 50/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-5 – ridden by jockey Adam Kirby and trained by Rod Millman
- May Sonic (GB) – second-place finish – 28/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-5 – ridden by jockey Kieran Shoemark and trained by Charlie Hills
- Marshal Dan (IRE) – Non-Runner – starting price N/A – weighing in at 9-4 – assigned jockey Cieren Fallon and trained by Heather Main
- Swift Approval (IRE) – fourth-place finish – 14/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-3 – ridden by jockey Oisin Murphy and trained by Stuart Williams
- Saisons D’Or (IRE) – Non-Runner – starting price N/A – weighing in at 9-3 – assigned jockey Daniel Tudhope and trained by Jedd O’Keeffe
- Gossiping (GB) – seventh-place finish – 5/4 starting price – weighing in at 9-2 – ridden by jockey Shane Kelly and trained by Gary Moore
Here at kempton.co.uk, we have the best tips around for races that take place on any race day hosted by Kempton Park Racecourse throughout the year.
If you need assistance with your bet slips, check back here as often as you please for in-depth, well researched betting tips, as well as promo codes for sign-up offers at all the biggest, best and upcoming betting sites which will include big free bets, paid extra places promotions, boosted odds on race favourites and much more.
Odds for The Class 4 Handicap Flat Race last time out at Kempton Park Racecourse ranged from 5/4 for the race favourite Gossiping up to 50/1 for the longest outsiders Handytalk and Rectory Road.
This edition of The Class 4 Handicap Flat Race was won by 3/1 priced second-favourite Tintoretto who transformed, for example, £10 outright backing stakes into £40 in returns, £30 in profits.
Here are the previous 4 winners of The Class 4 Handicap Flat Race at The Evening Racing, including their odds, closest competitors and race stats:
At the 2020 edition of the second June Evening Racing meeting at Kempton Park Racecourse, the winner of The Class 4 Handicap Flat Race was 3/1 priced second-favourite Tintoretto, ridden by jockey Tom Marquand and trained by Tom Ward.
28/1 priced outsider May Sonic finished a length and a half behind Tintoretto in second place, followed by 16/5 priced third-favourite Baby Steps in third place and 14/1 prived Swift Approval in fourth.
The 2019 edition of The Racing Evening meeting was abandoned due to a major water burst at Kempton Park Racecourse.
Back in 2018 at the second June Evening Racing meeting, the winner of The Class 4 Handicap Flat Race was 5/1 priced Treacherous, ridden by jockey Callum Shepherd and trained by Ed De Giles.
25/1 priced outsider Nezar finished just a neck behind treacherous in second place, followed by 16/1 priced Six Strings in third place and 12/1 priced Dark Side Dream in fourth.
Ridden by jockey James Doyle and trained by Chris Wall, 2/1 priced race favourite North Creek won The Class 4 Handicap Flat Race at Kempton Park Racecourse in 2017.
7/2 priced second-favourite Twin Point finished just a neck behind North Creek in second place, followed by 11/2 priced Imperial State in third place and 8/1 priced Wings Of Esteem in fourth.